samanthareads

Samantha Reads

I love books. And music. My husband, my two wild boys and my friends. Hoodies, tattoos, the late Janis Joplin and Marilyn Monoe. Also Jensen and Supernatural.

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
One Tiny Lie - K.A. Tucker Received through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I loved Livie's story so much more then Kacey's. At first I wasn't sure I would like her story at all, maybe because I kept waiting for Trent to appear. But the story that unfolds Livie and Ashton will suck you in. Don't get me wrong it's as predictable as every other YA/NA out there. But it's in the way that Ashton shows Livie how much he loves her. Hello, calling her his "Forever Girl" and the whole Freedom bit towards the end. I died at least five times while reading this book. There were a few bigger issues for me. One was Dr. Strayner. I did not like his role in this book. I liked him just fine in Ten Tiny Breaths but I thought his presence in Livies story was over the top. The other thing is that in the first book we are introduced to Kacey and how broken she is, Livies broken, Trents broken, Storms broken etc. And than Tucker adds more. In the form of 5 year old twins with leukemia. Talk about a punch a in the gut.

I hear there is another book in the works, supposedly it's Cain's story. I think they need to do one on Grant and Reagen or maybe even Ty instead of Cain.