samanthareads

Samantha Reads

I love books. And music. My husband, my two wild boys and my friends. Hoodies, tattoos, the late Janis Joplin and Marilyn Monoe. Also Jensen and Supernatural.

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window - Kirsty Moseley The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window may be the worst book I have ever read. Lets start with the grammatical errors. The book was riddled with them. I can certainly handle a few of them in a book but this was ridiculous. The book started out all in Amber's POV and then about halfway in it started switching between Liam's and Amber's POV. What was the point of that? I get when authors do every other chapter or the first half of the book in one POV and then the second half in another POV. This was just stupid and it annoyed me to no end. Then there was the overuse of man-whore, whisper yelled, and hot ass/fine ass, and morning glory. Let's move onto the subject matter. The MC has been almost raped by her father, beaten by her father, has an unplanned pregnancy, a miscarriage and her boyfriend goes to jail. Moseley tried to deal with the above issues but failed horribly. It was almost insulting. And I'm horribly confused with the dynamic of Liam, Amber and her previous abuse. She's perfectly okay with him "tracing her thong", throwing her leg on his so he can massage her inner thigh under a short mini in front of the entire school, but balks when "whenever someone touches her". I get that she feels safe with Liam but you would expect more hesitation then what there was. I could go on but I'm just getting pissed off again so I'll stop now.