samanthareads

Samantha Reads

I love books. And music. My husband, my two wild boys and my friends. Hoodies, tattoos, the late Janis Joplin and Marilyn Monoe. Also Jensen and Supernatural.

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1) - Karen Luellen 3.5 -4 stars. I liked most of the book but Meg was a big reason why this only got 3.5 stars. Her word choices bugged me to no end. One paragraph she was all proper, the next she was saying things like WTF?, What the heck and Ugh. In certain parts of the book if I hadn't been aware of who was narrating the book already I would have thought different paragraphs were from completely different characters. And the word fellow was way overused IMO. Another big thing for me was that the kids had been trained in battle (and if you've read the book you know they can hold their own) but for all of that the family didn't have a go bag? I know it's a minor detail but considering that Margo had essentially prepared them for what might happen in almost every other form I was surprised that Meg didn't find a closet full of supplies that they might need. The plot itself was great and the prologue sucked me in I just wished some of the finer details were smoother. I loved Maze and how protective he was. I also got a kick out of Evan. I already purchased the second book in the series so I'll start that in a few days.