samanthareads

Samantha Reads

I love books. And music. My husband, my two wild boys and my friends. Hoodies, tattoos, the late Janis Joplin and Marilyn Monoe. Also Jensen and Supernatural.

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
Summer Rental - Mary Kay Andrews 2.5 stars. I picked up Summer Rental because I'm a little burnt out on the Paranormal Romances I've been reading recently. I loved the first half of the books. The characters seemed strong and the narrative was fairly easy to follow. Then I got to the halfway mark and things took a turn for the worse. I can not6 stand Ty. At all. I cringed whenever he came into a scene. And the secrets were too much. The "bigger" secrets were fine but these girls have been friends for years and never knew one of them had breast implants and a nose job. Sorry but I don't buy it. The chapters with Don and the girls didn't work there. Ty stays downstairs and Ellis runs up. Whatever. Like I said I couldn't stand Ty. The hardest thing to believe was how calm they all seemed to be. The ending seemed too sweet and short. Glad I didn't buy this book and just borrowed it from the library.