samanthareads

Samantha Reads

I love books. And music. My husband, my two wild boys and my friends. Hoodies, tattoos, the late Janis Joplin and Marilyn Monoe. Also Jensen and Supernatural.

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach
Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult I started reading Nineteen Minutes without really knowing what it was about. Then once I got to the "reveal" I immediately shut my Kindle off. I had friends at Columbine. My sister was in high school when an older senior brought a gun to school. Thankfully they apprehended him before anything happened. The book brought back all those feelings. I had no plans to continue reading it. But a few hours later I picked it back up and continued to read. The story seemed to drag in certain parts. I'm sure the book would have been just as good if it was 50-75 pages less. Also switching the different characters so much got a little annoying. Other then that I thought the writing was great, the plot was strong-though it did seem to waver towards the end. It was scary, though provoking and unfortunately all too real.